Upcoming Events Information
- Prep meal for Homeless Shelter (Tues. 5/2 3-5pm; Home Ec Room); Help GRO prep a meal that will be prepared and delivered to a homeless shelter the following day. To sign up or for more information, speak to Ms. Parnas, Ms. Pitts, or Mrs. Winter.
- Cook meal for Homeless Shelter (Tues. 5/3 3-5pm; Home Ec Room); Help GRO cook a meal that will be delivered to a homeless shelter later in the day. To sign up or for more information, speak to Ms. Parnas, Ms. Pitts, or Mrs. Winter. Students who are also interested in delivering the meal to the homeless shelter should talk to the GRO sponsors and get a field trip permission form.
- Wildcats On Stage Technical Crew (Mon. 5/1 3-6pm, Tue 5/2 3-6pm, Wed. 5/3 3-7pm, Fri 5/5 4-9pm, Sat. 5/6 3:30-7:30pm; Stanley Middle School Multi-Use Room); Technical crew will be helping with sound and lights, costumes, set, props and curtains. The volunteers must be available to attend all dates and times. The event coordinator is Anne Anderson, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . SIGN UP HERE.
- Las Trampas Trail Clean-up (Wednesday, April 19; 3-4pm; meet at the Stanley flag pole right after school); Students will walk over to the Las Trampas school (across the street from campus) and clean up litter along the stretch of trail between Topper Ln. and Foye Dr.). In order to participate, volunteers must turn in a signed permission slip to the office. Permission slips can be picked up in the office. Speak with Mr. Mangold or Ms. Parnas if you have any questions.
- STEAM Expo (Thursday, April 20; 4 - 6 pm, 6 - 8 pm, Multi-Use Room): Students will help with the set up, clean up, foot traffic to different classrooms and with answering general questions. The event coordinator is Matt Fabela, tel: 415-850-1354, e-mail: email@example.com . SIGN UP HERE.
- Leigh Creekside Park Clean-up (Saturday, April 30, 10am -1pm; Leigh Creekside Park, corner of Moraga Blvd. and 4th St.) Clean park and remove invasive plants. Wear pants and close toe shoes; Bring work gloves, and pruners or shears (if you have them). All volunteers must bring a signed release form. For more information, visit the link. The event coordinator/contact is Phil Bradley: firstname.lastname@example.org. SIGN UP HERE.
- Earth Day Set-up/ Clean-up (Sunday, April 23; set-up: 9:30-11:00am, clean-up: 2:30-4:00pm; Parking lot across the street from Lafayette Library: 3483 Golden Gate Way, Lafayette, CA 94549. Help Sustainable Lafayette with set-up and/or clean-up of Earth Day festivities. For more information, speak with Mr. Mangold. SIGN UP HERE.
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt Volunteer (Sunday, April 23; set-up: 9:30-11:00am, clean-up: 2:30-4:00pm; Parking lot across the street from Lafayette Library: 3483 Golden Gate Way, Lafayette, CA 94549. Help facilitate an Earth Day scavenger hunt activity for children. For more information, speak with Mr. Mangold. SIGN UP HERE.
Science Fair Volunteer (Wednesday, March 22 from 5:00-8:00 at Burton Valley Elementary); Sign up for one of two shifts: 5:00-7:00pm and 6:00-8:00pm. Volunteer roles include rocket making table, Lpie plant table, fossil table and general LPIE table where Stanley students ask kids to talk about one new thing the learned that night, before handing out passport prize. Sign up here: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/4090a4baea823a46-burton1
- Science Fair (Happy Valley Elementary - Multipurpose Room, Thursday March 23, 4:45 - 8 pm): Volunteers will be helping with setup, cleanup, and providing assistance to the various exhibitors scheduled to be on site during the school's fair. The event coordinator is Sarah Lind, tel: 484-885-0211, e-mail: email@example.com. SIGN UP HERE.
- LUNCH BUDDY PROGRAM (Rooms 205 and 206): Once a week (45min/0.75 hour every week) for the whole trimester (consistency is necessary). Bring a lunch and join the students in Mrs. Bertrand and Ms. Estrada's classes. Their students love to talk to their lunch buddies, attend campus clubs, draw, read, go outside and have fun. If you are interested in this program, please contact Mrs. Bertrand (Room 205).
- LOST AND FOUND (Lost and Found; outside office): Every Thursday, two students may sign up to help sort and organize the Lost and Found with a parent volunteer. Students should show up to the Lost and Found at lunch, after the 10-minute bell, and check in with the office if the parent volunteer isn't there. Students will get 30 minutes of service time for each lunch they help. SIGN UP HERE. For more information, contact Mr. Mangold.
- AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS: Visit the bulletin board in the hallway of the Gym or speak with Mrs. Anke to learn about opportunities to help out with after-school sports.
Sign up using GoogleDocs!
Click on the highlighted link to access the sign up sheet. Use your Google Account log-in to access the form. To log-in you have to enter the whole google account email address.
example: "the student's firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY add your name to open rows. Please do not change any other content or names on the sign up sheets. If there are no open rows, the event is full. All changes are tracked by user.
If you are a student having trouble accessing the sign-up forms and would like to sign up for an event, please email Jennifer Frick or Marie Mlynek, Opp Knocks Co-Chairs at email@example.com
Past Opp Knocks Events
PAST EVENTS CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR
- Bunny Brunch: Ruth Kaiser, tel: 925-518-3989, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lafayette Elementary Sock Hop: Courtney Marino (LES PTA) at email@example.com
- Prepare a Meal for Martinez Homeless Shelter: Ms. Parnas, Mrs. Applin, Ms. Pitts, Mrs. Winter.
Science Fair Volunteer Burton Valley Elementary)
- Gingerbread-House making at Lafayette Elementary: Mr. Mangold
- It's A Wonderful Life...Holiday Tree Lighting: Sara Regan, tel: 925-284-7404, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contra Costa Food Bank
- Respite Night for children with special needs and their siblings: Mary Kaye Stephens, tel: (925) 631-0996, email: email@example.com
- St.Perpetua On Stage Tech Crew: Gabrielle Ohleyer, tel: 510-326-6775, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wildcats On Stage Tech Crew: Anne Anderson, e-mail: email@example.com
- Lafayette Juniors Rummage Sale: Lisa Ulrick, tel: 925-963-7704, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
24th Reservoir Run: Sara Regan, tel: 925-890-6197, e-mail: email@example.com
Trick or Treat Street Lafayette: Sara Regan, tel: 925-890-6197, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lafayette Elementary School Westival: Julie Herbert, tel: 925-816-1263, e-mail: email@example.com .
- Burton Valley Elementary School Fall Family Festival: Gina McKenzie and Annette Robison (925) 451-0308.
- Happy Valley Elementary School Carnival : Lisa Anderson, tel: 925-963-0338, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PAST EVENTS SCHOOL YEAR 2015 - 2016
- Yes on Measure C yard sign distribution
- Trail Building and Repair at Lime Ridge Open Space
- Burton Valley Science Fair
- Bunny Brunch
- Rube Goldberg Contest
- Lafayette District Chorus Festival
Lafayette Elementary Science Fair
- Happy Valley Science Fair
- Springhill Science Fair
- Wildcats on Stage Tech Crew
- Wildcats on Stage Tickets and Refreshment Sales
- St. Perpetua Play Tech Crew
- Springhill 5th Grade Play Tech Crew
- Springhill 5th Grade Play Tech Crew
- Packing Party for Afghanistan organized by Trust In Education
- Wrapping presents for homeless and needy children - served by the Bay Area Rescue Mission
- Lafayette Juniors Rummage Sale
- Lafayette Elementary Westival
- Girl's Volleyball Match
- Happy Valley Carnival (Happy Valley Elementary)
- Burton Valley School Fall Family Festival
- Lafayette Reservoir Run
- St. Perpetua Octoberfest 2015.
- Happy Valley Elementary School Fall Picnic.
- Springhill Elementary Back To School Picnic (Lower Playground).
- Lafayette Art and Wine Festival 2015.