David Schrag, Principal
Brian Mangold, Asst. Principal
3455 School Street
Click HERE to visit our Green Phoenix web page.
Welcome to Stanley!
Did you know that in addition to math study at lunch and after school, the PTA also sponsors homework help after school Monday through Thursday? Homework help is a grade level specific, drop-in program that meets from 3:00-4:00. See the attached flier for more details.
Math Program Update
For those of you who were unable to attend last Wednesday's Governing Board meeting, here is the link to Mr. Schrag's presentation.
Paperboy Assembly- Thursday, January 29th
Paperboy by Vince Vawter
A boy and his typewriter confront a July in 1959 that will change his world forever…
• “The well-crafted characters, the hot Southern summer, and the coming-of-age events are reminiscent of To Kill a Mockingbird. But this has added dimension in the way it brilliantly gets readers inside the head of a boy who stutters. . . . This paperboy is a fighter and his hope fortifies and satisfies in equal measure.” Booklist, Starred
• “Paperboy offers a penetrating look at both the mystery and the daily frustrations of stuttering. People of all ages will appreciate this positive and universal story as I did, but it will be particularly meaningful to anyone who has ever struggled with stuttering.” Jane Fraser, president of The Stuttering Foundation of America
January 29, 2015: Author, Mr. Vince Vawter, will be traveling here from Tennessee to speak to Stanley students during assemblies and he will be speaking at the Lafayette Library and Learning Center from 6:30-8:00 that evening.
Praise for Vince Vawter's Paperboy
• A Newbery Honor Award Winner
• An ALA-ALSC Notable Children’s Book
• An IRA Children’s and Young Adults’ Choice
• An IRA Teachers’ Choice
• A Junior Library Guild Selection
• A Bank Street College of Education Best Book of the Year
• A National Parenting Publications Award Honor Book
• A BookPage Best Children’s Book
• An ABC New Voices Pick
• An ALA-ALSC Notable Children’s Recording
* An ALA-YALSA Amazing Audiobook
* Amazon Best Books of the Year 2013: Ages 9-12
Please check out the author’s website for more information:
School Loop App
Did you know there is an app for that? School Loop has a free app which allows for easy access to your account on most smart phones and tablets. Check it out in the iTunes Store under School Loop!
Stanley Binder Hospital
Is your child’s Backpack or Binder unorganized? Has your child forgotten to turn in completed homework? We at Binder Hospital can help your child to get organized.
Have you registered for a SchoolLoop account?
Most returning 7th and 8th graders and their parents already have accounts and can simply log in using the same username and password as last year.
For students new to Stanley, creating an account is simple. Click on the "Register Now" button on the left side of this screen. You will be asked for some important information. Parents will go through a similar process and need the same basic information as students. Much of the information requested is obvious, but you are required to know the student's ID number. You can find this on the schedule that was distributed on the first day of school. It is the number listed as "Perm ID#." It is common to mistake this number for the "Student #" - but use the "Perm ID#"!!!
We also recommend that students have and use their own email accounts when they set up their School Loop account. This is because many teachers use SchoolLoop to create and monitor online classroom discussions, a feature that is only open to students enrolled in their classes.
Once you have an account, we encourage you to browse around the features, see what's happening in your (or your child's) classrooms and get comfortable navigating around the various options available on your "Portal."
We look forward to a great year! Stay in the Loop!
Change Your Mind
Discover the hidden potential in you and your child.
No news posted